Security America Mortgage is hiring motivated team players to fill the VA Loan Specialist role. Main duties include responding to incoming calls and emails, encouraging prospects to apply, soliciting referral business from real estate agents, generating pre-approvals, and following up on leads and pre-approved customers. This is not a lead-generation position and you will not be doing outside sales. Delivering exceptional customer service on a daily basis is a minimum requirement for this challenging position.
- Answering VA loan questions by phone and email from potential applicants, borrowers, and real estate agents.
- Educating customers on the loan process and assisting them in understanding their options.
- Promoting Security America Mortgage’s brand and mission with customers and real estate agents.
- Following up with leads and applicants to stay connected and keep the loan process moving forward.
- Analyzing loan applications and issuing pre-approval notices.
- Structuring loans for borrowers, including rates and closing cost summaries.
- Assisting real estate agents with loan terms for drafting offers.
- Meeting with customers to explain loan disclosures, closing costs, and the loan process.
- Managing the pipeline and the loan process from contract through funding.
- Communicating solutions to any problems to customers and real estate agents.
- Escalating issues to the Branch Manager as necessary.
Necessary Skills: Natural ability to build rapport with customers, unsupervised self-motivation, and patience for the details needed in this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of the VA home loan program and benefits.
- At least one year of consistent experience originating VA loans.
- A track record of above average production results and performance.
- A history of documented exceptional customer service/reviews.
- Experience with Calyx Point and/or Encompass software.
Security America Mortgage is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer