USDA Home Loans are backed by the US Department of Agriculture. Since USDA Loans are insured by the government and are for the purpose of improving home ownership in rural areas no down payment is required. USDA Rural Development loans are a good for most borrowers looking to purchase a home outside of major metropolitan areas.
In order to qualify for a USDA Rural Development Loan your income must be not exceed 115% of the media income limit set by the USDA for your county and family size. The USDA Loan requires that the property by located in a rural area. Most towns with a population less than 20,000 are eligible. A credit score of 620 or greater is required to obtain a USDA Home Loan. USDA backed mortgages are for owner occupied properties only.
USDA Home Loans allow you to purchase a home with no money down! Unlike most other loan types, USDS Loans do not require mortgage insurance, making them more affordable than FHA or Conventional Loans. If negotiated into the purchase contract, the sellers are allowed to contribute towards the buyers closing cost, allowing the buyer to have little to no money out-of pocket.
USDA Home Loans have the standard closing cost associated with any home loan and require a 3.5% guarantee fee. This fee can be rolled into the loan making it easier for you to qualify if no money out-of-pocket.
- USDA Home Loans require no down payment.
- A USDA Home Loan must be used to purchase a primary residence in a rural area.
- USDA Loans require a 3.5% Guarantee Fee that can be rolled into the loan up to 102% of the appraised value of the property.
- A USDA Loan restricts its use to borrowers that earn less than 115% of the median income for the county.
- USDA Loans require a minimum credit score of 620 to obtain financing.
Our goal at Security America Mortgage is to match the best product to the needs of our clients. In addition to offering VA Home Loans, we offer USDA Home Loans. Contact us today to discuss your loan options and determine which loan is best for you!