What do I need to proceed with a VA Construction loan?

Aside from being approved like you would for a VA purchase loan, you need to have a builder contract with plans, builder must be approved by us and have a registered builder ID with the VA. Depending on your county, there may also be building permits and septic permits that need to be approved before closing. You must also have the land under contract or own the land that you would be building on.