Veteran Senior Loan Officer – Houston, TX
Security America Mortgage is hiring motivated team players to fill the VA Loan Specialist role. Main duties include responding to incoming calls and emails, encouraging prospects to apply, soliciting referral business from real estate agents, generating pre-approvals, and following up on leads and pre-approved customers. This is not a lead-generation position and you will not be doing outside sales. Delivering exceptional customer service on a daily basis is a minimum requirement for this challenging position. Being a VA Loan Specialist at Security America Mortgages offers a truly unique experience that few careers could ever match. Our VA Loan Specialist works diligently so that veterans and military families can realize the dream of homeownership. Delivering results for our clients takes remarkable communication skills, a commitment to hard work, and genuine passion.
Every day, VA Loan Specialist are challenged and asked to give one hundred percent effort in order to consistently offer unparalleled customer service to our customers. While oftentimes demanding, the job affords an incredibly rewarding experience for both our customers and the VA Loan Specialist. Even as our VA Loan Specialist are busy delivering results, the atmosphere and culture of Security America Mortgage ensures everyone has the ability to have fun and truly enjoy enriching lives.
- Answering VA loan questions by phone and email from potential applicants, borrowers, and real estate agents.
- Educating customers on the loan process and assisting them in understanding their options.
- Promoting Security America Mortgage’s brand and mission with customers and real estate agents.
- Following up with leads and applicants to stay connected and keep the loan process moving forward.
- Analyzing loan applications and issuing pre-approval notices.
- Structuring loans for borrowers, including rates and closing cost summaries.
- Assisting real estate agents with loan terms for drafting offers.
- Meeting with customers to explain loan disclosures, closing costs, and the loan process.
- Managing the pipeline and the loan process from contract through funding.
- Communicating solutions to any problems to customers and real estate agents.
- Escalating issues to the Branch Manager as necessary.
Necessary Skills: Natural ability to build rapport with customers, unsupervised self-motivation, and patience for the details needed in this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of the VA home loan program and benefits. We provide training.
- A track record of above average production results and performance.
- A history of documented exceptional customer service/reviews.
- Passing the National Mortgage examination and obtaining state approvals to be a loan officer is required.
We provide an aggressive compensation package along with excellent health benefits. We will discuss this package with you further if you have any questions.